ThorTM M5780, M5730 and M5720
21Mbps HSPA+ thin modems
The ThorTM M57x0 family brings further improvement to the 21Mbps market in size, power consumption and thermal performance.
These power efficient thin modems target the smartphone and tablet market. In addition to that, M5730 also enables the creation of high speed HSPA+ modules for integration into various connected devices.
The success of innovation has led to a significant size reduction compared to the first generation 21Mbps modems. The M57x0 family is capable of delivering 21Mbps downstream and 5.76Mbps upstream simultaneously, and needs no separate flash memory in combination with an application processor.
- Two-chip solution in a market-leading compact design
- Complete reference design validated with network operators
- AMR-WB voice in combination with full data performance
Best in class performance
- Market leading thermal heat performance and low power consumption for optimal ease of integration into various end devices
- Simultaneous data - 21Mbps downlink and 5.76Mbps uplink for high speed mobile broadband
Meeting operators' needs
- 64 QAM (at 21Mbps) for optimized spectrum efficiency
- Support for Enhanced F-DPCH, Enhanced CELL FACH in combination with Fast Dormancy Rel-8 and CPC for improved network efficiency and current consumption
- Advanced receiver GRAKE2+ (Type 3i) with interference suppression